Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sewing Tip - Organization Is The Key To Success!

sewing, storage solutions, organization

It may sound like a silly and simple little tip, but what a difference it can make when you organize your your space. If you know where everything is, you'll be able to complete your projects in a timely manner. My studio has a lot of open shelving so I can see almost everything at a glance.
There was a time however, for several years, that I didn't have a space of my own. But I was pretty well organized and could find everything easily. I used big baskets, plastic totes and tubs (hidden in a closet or cabinet), and decorative boxes. When everything was put away, no one knew it was also my workspace. What was my secret? Plastic zipper bags. I had them in all sizes from tiny ones to store floss and beads, to extra large bags to store fabric paints, trims, and tools. The medium sized bags were great for stuff such as velcro, smaller trim packets, and elastic. I always knew which box or basket everything was in. I still use this storage solution for my beads, embroidery floss, and other smaller items and notions.

If you want to store your supplies in plain sight, glass jars are the ticket! I have three giant ones that are probably for cookies. I store my zippers in one, floss in one, and beads in the other. I also have some smaller ones that I store other colorful items in such as buttons and 3-dimensional paints. Quart sized mason jars are perfect for buttons and beads. When you store colorful things in the clear jars, it adds a lot of personality to your room.

For more storage solutions, pop over to my Sewing Studio for more ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Love your clear jars! I REALLY need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super organized! I am too so I completely understand the importance of everything being organized. I have a specific spot for each item and they are always put back in their place when I finish a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use mugs too, to hold pens and pencils. I like yours with the cats on it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...